25 October 2014 Register  Login

Please Use the Forum...
80% of current support queries are answered by clicking here...

But before posting a message in the forum or emailing us please read the Frequently Asked Payroll Questions and also our Getting the most out of 12Pay's Payroll Software Usage Guide first.

You can post your questions in this forum but many users still prefer to send us direct emails.

We have also introduced a knowledge base to our forum, please take a look to see if your query has a resolution here as this is designed to answer our most common queries which we will update frequently.

Please consider asking your questions here. If you ask your questions here then everyone can see them, and they may be able to share your answers if they have the same question. We automatically get an email anyway whenever an entry is made in the forum, and you can tick a box to get emails whenever your question gets a reply. Other users will not see your email address unless you openly post it in the forum.

HomeHomeSupportSupportRTI and other I...RTI and other I...Test Submission OK, but Live Submission failsTest Submission OK, but Live Submission fails
Previous

Next
New Post
07/04/2011 07:57

Hi

I'm trying to upload my P35 and P14 data to HMRC. Currently running 1.12.4 software.

The test submission works fine and reports a successful validation etc. But when I untick the 'test submission' box and submit the live data, it fails with this error.

"[RaisedBy] Department. [Number] 3001. [Type] business. [Text] The submission of this document has failed due to departmental specific business logic in the Body tag..
[RaisedBy] ChRIS. [Number] 5040. [Type] business. [Text] Submission already received for this employer.. [Location] Unique Identifier. "

I have no idea what this means. Any ideas how to fix this? Many thanks.

New Post
07/04/2011 08:02

Hello, The answer is in the text you got back:

"Submission already received for this employer"

Make sure that you're filing year 2011 and not attempting to re-file an earlier year.

12Pay Support

New Post
07/04/2011 08:30

Good morning,

I have the identicle problem. Test transmission sent on the 5th all fine. Try to send the live & the error message appears.

Answers on a postcard please. 

New Post
07/04/2011 08:33

It is the 2011 year that I am trying to file.

Further the e-transmission box is semi locked and the only option is to 'submit' or 'close' the status and re-submit buttons are grey. Press submit and the same reply comes back from hmc.

[RaisedBy] Department. [Number] 3001. [Type] business. [Text] The submission of this document has failed due to departmental specific business logic in the Body tag..
[RaisedBy] ChRIS. [Number] 5040. [Type] business. [Text] Submission already received for this employer.. [Location] Unique Identifier.

Tks

New Post
07/04/2011 08:36

They already have your live submission for the year in question.

The most likely explanation is that while their systems weren't responding you made a live submission. Every submission that you make while their systems are down is still eventually processed. Only the first live one will be successful.

12Pay Support

New Post
07/04/2011 08:41

Many thanks

Will give it a rest & hopefully hmc will sort themselves out.

New Post
07/04/2011 08:57

markc wrote:

It is the 2011 year that I am trying to file.

Further the e-transmission box is semi locked and the only option is to 'submit' or 'close' the status and re-submit buttons are grey. Press submit and the same reply comes back from hmc.

[RaisedBy] Department. [Number] 3001. [Type] business. [Text] The submission of this document has failed due to departmental specific business logic in the Body tag..
[RaisedBy] ChRIS. [Number] 5040. [Type] business. [Text] Submission already received for this employer.. [Location] Unique Identifier.

Tks

Because I suspect that you've tried repeat filing while they were down yesterday your 12Pay status is now out of synch with the status of HMRC's servers. That is why we put a warning up if you use the "Re-Submit" button. It is much better to periodically return and click the "Status?" button when they're not responding but once you click "Re-Submit" you've lost that option.

So there is nothing more to do. You have successfully filed but 12Pay doesn't know it.

12Pay Support

New Post
07/04/2011 10:51

12Pay Support wrote:

Make sure that you're filing year 2011 and not attempting to re-file an earlier year.

Definitely filing for 2011. The message was confusing as it said that it failed because of 'Departmental specific business logic in the body tag' and I didn't realise that the received bit meant submission 'successfully' received. I did get an email from the HMRC saying submission successfully received, but rather unhelpfully, they don't say if it was a live or a test submission that they are reporting on, and as I did several of both yesterday before I realised that their website was down, it all got very confusing.

At least I know it's all been received by them now. Thanks for your help.

New Post
07/04/2011 11:43

Eyesopen wrote:

12Pay Support wrote:

Definitely filing for 2011. The message was confusing as it said that it failed because of 'Departmental specific business logic in the body tag' and I didn't realise that the received bit meant submission 'successfully' received. I did get an email from the HMRC saying submission successfully received, but rather unhelpfully, they don't say if it was a live or a test submission that they are reporting on, and as I did several of both yesterday before I realised that their website was down, it all got very confusing.

At least I know it's all been received by them now. Thanks for your help.

It is indeed unbelievable that after about 8 years of Internet Filing of P35s, and after it has been pointed out to HMRC about a million times that (a) the wording on the rejection messages isn't helpful and (b) sending the same email for test submissions and live submissions (who can EVER have thought that was a good idea?) they still haven't changed those bits of how it works, which would take a competent developer about 20 minutes to fix.

12Pay Support

New Post
15/04/2011 10:49

I have this same message on 12 Pay but when the email form HMRC comes through it says 'The submission for reference 567/XZ23946 was received on 15-04-2011. Unfortunately it could not be accepted as it failed Inland Revenue data check' I've looked over it but can't work out what's wrong. Any ideas?

New Post
15/04/2011 10:52

If the message you're getting from the software is "Submission already received for this employer.."

then there isn't anything more to do. You've already filed, and you can't file again. Bizarrely, in that instance, you still get an email saying that the submission failed, which is ludicrous when the reason for the failure is that you've already succeeded, earlier.

EDIT. Just make sure that you're not trying to file tax year-ending 2010 again.

12Pay Support

New Post
28/04/2011 13:05

12Pay Support wrote:

If the message you're getting from the software is "Submission already received for this employer.."

then there isn't anything more to do. You've already filed, and you can't file again. Bizarrely, in that instance, you still get an email saying that the submission failed, which is ludicrous when the reason for the failure is that you've already succeeded, earlier.

Sorry about this but I am getting confused now, does this mean if I submit once, then submit a second time and receive the same error, there is nothing I can do?

So how do I get correct submission to HMRC?

New Post
28/04/2011 14:02

wood1e wrote:
12Pay Support wrote:

Sorry about this but I am getting confused now, does this mean if I submit once, then submit a second time and receive the same error, there is nothing I can do?

So how do I get correct submission to HMRC?

If you're getting that message you've already got a correct submission to HMRC (as long as it is 2011 that you're trying to file when you get the message). So there is nothing more to do, and should be nothing to worry about. If in doubt give them a call and check with them that they really have your submission. 

12Pay Support

New Post
28/04/2011 14:27

Sorry I am confusing things even more.

I submitted my return and everything was fine.

But I then spotted an error, so I re-worked the salaries.

I then proceeded to submit the corrected P35 and got this error

"[RaisedBy] Department. [Number] 3001. [Type] business. [Text] The submission of this document has failed due to departmental specific business logic in the Body tag..
[RaisedBy] ChRIS. [Number] 5040. [Type] business. [Text] Submission already received for this employer.. [Location] Unique Identifier. "

So will my new submission be the one accepted, or is electronic submission a one shot pony? Get it wrong and you can do nothing about it!! ??!

New Post
28/04/2011 14:33

wood1e wrote:

Sorry I am confusing things even more.

I submitted my return and everything was fine.

But I then spotted an error, so I re-worked the salaries.

I then proceeded to submit the corrected P35 and got this error

So will my new submission be the one accepted, or is electronic submission a one shot pony? Get it wrong and you can do nothing about it!! ??!

Your new submission was rejected with the "submission already received" message. P35/P14 submisison to HMRC is indeed a one shot pony. That is one aspect of it that we find rather annoying, because it would be quite easy for them technically to have permitted a replacement submission, but that doesn't form part of their specification, unfortunately. So only the first submission for each employer is accepted.

12Pay Support

New Post
28/04/2011 14:57

Many thanks for that. To learn that HMRC is even more incompetent that I already thought... shouldn't surprise me really!!! 

When will any government start moving away from the large multi national IT suppliers, they have proved time and time again that they really haven't a clue!!! 

Still I shall enjoy HMRC response when the return does not match the money they receive.  That should grab their attention!!!! 

Once again many thanks for your help.

New Post
28/04/2011 15:01

wood1e wrote:

Many thanks for that. To learn that HMRC is even more incompetent that I already thought... shouldn't surprise me really!!! 

When will any government start moving away from the large multi national IT suppliers, they have proved time and time again that they really haven't a clue!!! 

Still I shall enjoy HMRC response when the return does not match the money they receive.  That should grab their attention!!!! 

Once again many thanks for your help.

As long as the P14s you've submitted in your original filing are correct I suspect that you'll be fine. In our experience they pay little attention to the summary numbers on the P35 that you're allowed to alter. 

12Pay Support

Previous

Next
HomeHomeSupportSupportRTI and other I...RTI and other I...Test Submission OK, but Live Submission failsTest Submission OK, but Live Submission fails

Copyright (c) 12Pay Ltd 2010 Terms Of UsePrivacy Statement