19 April 2014 Register  Login

Please Use the Forum...
80% of current support queries are answered by clicking here...

But before posting a message in the forum or emailing us please read the Frequently Asked Payroll Questions and also our Getting the most out of 12Pay's Payroll Software Usage Guide first.

You can post your questions in this forum but many users still prefer to send us direct emails.

Please consider asking your questions here. If you ask your questions here then everyone can see them, and they may be able to share your answers if they have the same question. We automatically get an email anyway whenever an entry is made in the forum, and you can tick a box to get emails whenever your question gets a reply. Other users will not see your email address unless you openly post it in the forum.

HomeHomeSupportSupportPayment and Ded...Payment and Ded...Salary SacrificeSalary Sacrifice
Previous

Next
New Post
11/07/2013 19:47

Hi, 

I am confused a little, I need to 'add' salary sacrifice to an employees salary this month.  From the drop down under 'Pay' tab I select 'Salary Sacrifice Pension' and input £500 

When I click 'Calculate' the £500 gets added to the gross of the salary and the employee gets to take home more money! And ends up paying more PAYE/NI.

Have  I misunderstood what is happening? as I thought it would be £500 off the gross and therefore for this month the employee would earn less and therefore pay less PAYE/NI?

New Post
12/07/2013 07:55

Woodie, You need to enter the amount in the Pay box as a deduction, ie with a minus sign on it. "-500" rather than "500".

12Pay Support

New Post
12/07/2013 09:49

Yes I figured that out earlier this morning...nothing like 3 or 4 cups of strong coffee to spark some simple thought processes!! :)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeSupportSupportPayment and Ded...Payment and Ded...Salary SacrificeSalary Sacrifice

Copyright (c) 12Pay Ltd 2010 Terms Of UsePrivacy Statement