10 February 2016 Register  Login

Before posting in the forum please read...

Before posting a message in the forum or emailing us please view the Knowledge Base or the Frequently Asked Usage Questions.

If your query is urgent and you require a quick response please consider emailing or contacting our support helpline.

The 12Pay forum is a community for the users of 12Pay payroll software, questions asked here can be answered by other users if they have experienced the same issues and answers can also be shared for future reference. You can select an option to receive an email when your post receives a reply and the 12Pay support team regularly monitor posts added during office hours.

HomeHomeSupportSupportPayment and Ded...Payment and Ded...Salary SacrificeSalary Sacrifice
Previous

Next
New Post
11/07/2013 20:47

Hi, 

I am confused a little, I need to 'add' salary sacrifice to an employees salary this month.  From the drop down under 'Pay' tab I select 'Salary Sacrifice Pension' and input £500 

When I click 'Calculate' the £500 gets added to the gross of the salary and the employee gets to take home more money! And ends up paying more PAYE/NI.

Have  I misunderstood what is happening? as I thought it would be £500 off the gross and therefore for this month the employee would earn less and therefore pay less PAYE/NI?

New Post
12/07/2013 08:55

Woodie, You need to enter the amount in the Pay box as a deduction, ie with a minus sign on it. "-500" rather than "500".

12Pay Support

New Post
12/07/2013 10:49

Yes I figured that out earlier this morning...nothing like 3 or 4 cups of strong coffee to spark some simple thought processes!! :)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeSupportSupportPayment and Ded...Payment and Ded...Salary SacrificeSalary Sacrifice

Copyright (c) 12Pay Ltd 2010 Terms Of UsePrivacy Statement